Friday video: Victorian Regional Rail Link time-lapse
This week we’re featuring a brilliant time-lapse video of the construction works carried out by the Victorian Regional Rail Link’s City to Maribyrnong River team. The work on this portion of the project is being delivered through an alliance contract involving John Holland, Abigroup, Coleman Rail, AECOM and GHD.
The Regional Rail Link is described as a landmark infrastructure project designed to remove major bottlenecks in Victoria's rail network by untangling metropolitan and regional tracks going into Melbourne from the west to give a streamlined journey through the metropolitan system for passengers on the Geelong, Bendigo and Ballarat lines.
The video above shows construction of:
- Werribee Line Flyover, Footscray
- Maribyrnong River Bridge, Footscray
- Kensington Road Rail Bridge, Kensington
- Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC) Freight Underpass, West Melbourne
- North Melbourne Rail Flyover, West Melbourne
- West Melbourne Easter 2013 Weekend Works
- Dudley Street Rail Bridge Installation, West Melbourne
- Track works leading into Southern Cross Station
The full project is jointly funded by the Victorian and Australian Governments — with the Commonwealth contributing $3.225 billion — and is due for completion in 2016.
Keep up to date on the industry by signing up to Trade Earthmover's free weekly newsletter. Be the first to know about new machines for sale.