Komatsu extends range of component management options
Responding to customer requests for lower component management costs across the quarrying, construction, utility and mining sectors, Komatsu Australia is now offering six options ranging from new component purchase to rebuilding and exchange.
The company says that the options are now more flexible and are tailored to customers’ needs and working environments, allowing them to better to balance cost and risk.
Called ‘Component Solutions’, they are:
- Purchasing new genuine components, with a 10 percent credit for returning a used component.
- Remanufactured (Reman) components. This allows customers to switch a component for one that has been remanufactured to meet Komatsu’s OEM specifications.
- Komponent Exchange – Single. In this option a single component can be changed for a Komatsu remanufactured product, with a variable cost of repair based on the condition of the returned component.
- Komponent Exchange – Fleet. Here, components can be changed across a fleet, "with flexibility to choose between a customised scope of work or leveraging Komatsu quality standards as well as the ability to re-use the customer’s ‘own iron’," Komatsu says.
- Rebuild or repair and return — a flexible option under which the customer can define their scope of works.
- Purchasing Komatsu used components, which the company says are "dependable, off-the-shelf alternatives at a competitive price".
"We recognise that, in today’s changing market, there is a risk that customers may continue to stretch components past the recommended point at which they should be replaced, in an effort to reduce costs," Komatsu Australia Product Management Components general manager Tom Zube says.
"This creates the potential for undue wear or damage to components, leading to more expensive repairs, reduced efficiency and even a risk to safety," he says. "Our solution is to take our product range and component offerings and deliver them in a different way."
All Component Solutions offerings are covered by Komatsu’s extended warranty.
Keep up to date on the industry by signing up to Trade Earthmover's free weekly newsletter. Be the first to know about new machines for sale.