Nominees announced for Bauma Innovation Award
The final 15 nominations for the Bauma Innovation Award 2016 have been chosen, representing construction, heavy machinery and mining products and projects that offer significant practical benefit, economic potential and sustainability.
Making the announcement, Messe München chairman and CEO Klaus Dittrich says the winners will be announced on the evening before the Bauma trade fair opens its doors in Munich in April.
A total of 118 applications were received from Germany and abroad, Dittrich says.
The categories and nominees are:
- The Kramer 5055e, Kramer-Werke
- Autonomous Vibratory Plate, Ammann Schweiz
- Mobile Battery Mold, Weckenmann Anlagentechnik
- SONO Water-Cement Analyzer, Imko
- Intelligent Crane Fiber Rope, Teufelberger Seil
- Liebherr Energy Storage, Liebherr Components Biberach
Construction Process/Construction Work
- Reinforcement of a steel bridge, Leonhard Weiss
- Pipe-laying equipment RVG 1.0, Harald Gollwitzer Spezialtiefbau
- Building (yard) logistics 4.0 for SMEs, Johann Augel Bauunternehmung
- Concrete-3D-Printing Technology, TU Dresden, Dept. of Construction Machinery Technology
- STEAM Hybrid Excavator, RWTH Aachen
- MIDOS for offshore foundations, Bauer Maschinen in cooperation with the University College of Dublin
- Concept Cab - The Future Genius, TU Dresden
- Mecalac MWR, Mecalac France
- Triple-Boom System, Tadano Faun
Bauma runs from April 11 to 17, at the Messe München exhibition centre in Munich, Germany. Click here for more information.
Keep up to date on the industry by signing up to Trade Earthmover's free weekly newsletter. Be the first to know about new machines for sale.