Volvo adds to paver line-up
Volvo Construction Equipment has expanded its P7000 paver range by adding two new models- the tracked P7110 and wheeled P7170 to the existing line-up.
Volvo's P7110 tracked paver
The machines were officially launched at the World of Asphalt show held in Texas late last month and has begun production in early April.
Both models belong to the Blaw Knox line which Volvo acquired in 1995. The machines combine Blaw Knox technology with the latest technology in road making and construction, including a Tier 4i-compliant D8 engine.
Volvo says the 253HP engine makes both machines more energy and fuel efficient compared to other models in the range.
Volvo's P7170 wheeled paver
The engine features a diesel particulate filter (DPF) and an active, semi-automatic regeneration process that works without interruption, giving operators maximum performance and productivity.
Some other features of the new pavers, according to Volvo, include:
- Near 360-degree visibility for confident and comfortable operation.
- Four-sensor feed system that automatically regulates the delivery and flow of material to match paver speed, ensuring a smooth and even paving.
- Industry-leading screeds delivering high density levels, resulting in a high-quality, uniform mat.
- Enhanced paving efficiency with a large 12-ton capacity hopper which works in conjunction with independently controlled conveyors and augers to ensure a consistent flow of material to the screed.
- Blaw-Kote protective coating to prevent asphalt from sticking to vital machine components, prolonging machine life.
- SmokEater fume extraction system removes fumes at 83 per cent efficiency without obstructing operator's view into the auger channel.
- Comfortable operator platform featuring a low single-level platform, large steps, handrail and anti-slip plates; allowing operators to enter and exit easily and safely.
Maintenance on these models are made easy with ground level accessibility to service points and wide opening service doors on the deck surface.
Volvo Construction Equipment is distributed in Australia by CJD Equipment. Find out more about the pavers on CJD's website.
Keep up to date on the industry by signing up to Trade Earthmover's free weekly newsletter. Be the first to know about new machines for sale.