Caterpillar launches B-series utility compactor range
Caterpillar has recently announced the addition of the new B-series utility compactors into the Cat Paving Products family.
According to Caterpillar, all eight new models - CB22B, CB24B, CB24BXT, CB32B, CB34B, CB34B XW, CC24B and CC34B feature key enhancements that will help contractors achieve compaction more efficiently.
The models range from 1.8 to 5 metric tons and can be used for a wide range of applications such as streets, bike paths, coutryards, patchwork, parking lots, driveways, town centres and shoulder work.
The highlights of the new range, according to Caterpillar are:
- Simple operating environment with intuitive controls and easy viewing LCD display.
- Multiple frequency vibratory systems
- Increased drum diameters for smooth and efficient compaction
- Optional ballast additions on some models increase flexibility and compaction performance
- Water spray system that provides up to 12 hours of operation between refills.
- USA Tier 4 Interim Final C1.5 and C2.2 engines with multiple speed settings and Eco-mode to deliver improved fuel efficiency and lower sound levels.
Caterpillar adds the new B-series is specifically designed for the rental market with its easy operation, durable components, extensive legroom, and fuel-efficient engines for lower operating costs.
Find out more on Caterpillar Australia’s website.
Keep up to date on the industry by signing up to Trade Earthmover's free weekly newsletter. Be the first to know about new machines for sale.